After being first full time Defense Minister of India in Modi cabinet 1.0, Nirmala Sitharaman always known for her promising performance, is elevated and opted as the first female full time Finance and corporate affairs minister in Modi cabinet 2.0.
About Nirmala Sitharaman:
- Nirmala Sitharaman was born on 18th August 1959 in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. Having very ordinary background of family, she was brought up in various cities of Tamil Nadu as her father was an employee of Indian Railways and had a transferable job.
- She attained Bachelor of Arts degree in economics from Seethalakshmi Ramaswami College, Tiruchirapalli and Master of Arts degree in economics from Jawaharlal National University, Delhi. She was unable to complete her PhD. in economics as she had to move to London.
- While studying at JNU, she met her to-be spouse Parakala Prabhakar. While she leaned towards BJP, her husband and his family background was pro-congress family and congress loyalists.
- Nirmala always believe in doing work precisely with perfection. For her no work was big or small, the dedication level for all work remains 100% intact with positive and optimistic approach.
- Glancing the above quality, Sitharaman worked as a sales girl at habitat, a home decor store in London. Her dedication for work won her good rewards as she recorded highest sales during Christmas.
- Sitharaman has also served as a senior manager in R&D department of PWC (Price Water House ) and for short period at BBC World service while her stay in UK.
- Nirmala Sitharaman was also member of National Commission for Women. In 2008, she joined BJP (as of 2018, BJP- world’s largest party in the terms of primary membership) and served as a spokesperson for the party.
- Nirmala Sitharaman has served as a minister of Commerce and Industry (independent charge) and as a Minister of state for finance and corporate affairs portfolios. She is the member of Rajya Sabha, the upper house of Indian Parliament since 2016.
- She assume the role of Defence Minister in Modi cabinet 1.0 and driven many changes like new defence manufacturing policy aligning the launching of UP and Tamil Nadu Defence Industrial Corridor. She gave a fantastic, bold and evidencing reply in Parliament over the allegations by opposition on Rafale Deal.
- Nirmala Sitharaman has to shoulder bigger responsibility to face challenge of reviving and awakening the current slumbered economy of India by major financial reforms and uplifting the imp sector of economy as finance minister of Modi cabinet 2.0.
- Resembling to her name ‘Nirmala’, she has a very clean and pure image and efficient working personality. She is well known for her debating and analytical skills. She spends major time reading newspapers and other articles. She has her own views and writes her own speeches. Always promoted women empowerment. She also started a school in Hyderabad for underprivileged students. Indeed a great politician, minister and a leader.