On the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan PM Narendra Modi launched a rural development programme named Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna which focuses on development of villages. Under this scheme on November 7, 2014 PM Narendra Modi adopted Jayapur village which is situated at the border of Varanasi and Mirzapur district. As PM Modi adopted this village it became centre of attraction and came to national spotlight.
Jayapur has total population of 4200 and has 401 houses. Hindi and Bhojpuri are the official languages spoken in Jayapur. It’s time for election and it becomes very important to analyze Jayapur’s development as it is adopted by PM Modi and comes in his constituency.
Development done by PM Modi in Jayapur
- Before 2014 the village was getting electricity for 3-4 hours, but now with installation of two 25 kilowatt solar power panels the village gets electricity for 19-20 hours a day.
- After PM Narendra Modi adopted the village Banks like Union Bank of India and Syndicate Bank have opened their branches and installed ATMs.
- Now Jayapur has a stitching centre from where women learn stitching and embroidery work. After leaving stitching and embroidery work they are given employment under Khadi and village industries commission.
- The village now has a computer centre for youth which will bring them closer to digital world. The computer centre also provides diploma course for six months.
- For dalit community a housing colony has been established which is named as Modiji ka Atal nagar. The colony comprises of 14 multi-storey appartments.
The other development works done in Jayapur include construction of bumper free roads, school up to 5th class and construction of toilets. The village still faces few problems such as no hospital and school upto 5th class. So students have to go out for higher studies.