Today in presence of more than 2500 Indians from the UAE and across the world, The foundation stone of Abu Dhabi’s first traditional Hindu temple laid down. The ceremony was administered by Mahant Swami Maharaj spiritual leader of BAPS. Dr Mugheer Al Khaili, Director of community development department, Thani Al Zoyoudi, Minister of Climate change, Ahmad Bilhoul Al Falasi, Minister of state for higher education affairs and advanced sciences and Indian Ambassador to UAE Navdeep Suri were present in the ceremony.
Everything you need to know about BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir Abu Dhabi
- The BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir is located in Al Wathba and is spread across 55000 square meters of land.
- In Central Shrine, Mandir will have idols of Swaminarayan and Gunatitanand Swami who are referred as Akshar Purshottam. The Mandir will also have Idols of Ayappa, Shiv Parivar, Ram Parivar, Radha Krishna and Balaji Padmavati.
- The BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir complex will have advanced facilities of Prayer halls, Play area for children and youth, Visitor’s centre, Garden and water features, Vegetarian food court, Exhibitions, Learning facilities and Books and gifts shop.
- For construction of BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir tones of pink sandstone will be shipped from Rajasthan to Abu Dhabi and marbles from Europe will be used for building of this temple.
- The UAE Government during Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to UAE announced the decision to provide land for building Hindu temple in Abu Dhabi. Further in January 2019 UAE Government as a part of its year of tolerance program allocated additional 14 acres of land to BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir.