After 1971, For the first time Indian Air Force on 26th February 2019 has crossed Line of control in early morning and destroyed the biggest training camp of JeM in Balakot, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
According to the statement by Foreign Secretary Vijay Gokhale, Indian Air Force in its operation eliminated large number of JeM terrorist, trainers, senior commanders and group of Jihadis who were being trained for Fidayeen action. The facility at Balakot was headed by Maulana Yousuf Azhar (Ustad Ghouri) brother in law of JeM chief Masood Azhar.
1. On 26th February 2019 at 0330 hours 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets destroyed the terrorist camps across the Line of control.
2. The 12 Mirage 2000 fighter jets dropped 1000 kg bombs on terror camps and destroyed the camps completely.
3. The Indian Air Force completely destroyed Balakot, Chakothi and Muzaffarabad terror launch pads. JeM control rooms were also destroyed.
4. Pakistani fighter jet F16 take off to retaliate against Indian Air Force Mirage 2000 but turned back due to size of Indian formation.
5. The Indian Air Force destroyed one of the target which was in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa area.
6. In an intelligence based operation not a military action 350 terrorists were killed by Indian Air Force.
7. The operation led by Indian Air Force targeted Mufti Azhar Khan Kashmiri, Head of Kashmiri operations and Ibrahim Azhar, elder brother of Masood Azhar who was involved in the IC-814 Hijacking.